遊客:  註冊 | 登錄 | 幫助

標題: [討論] How do I get this PC on my LAN?
  carterturner     Rank: 2Rank: 2
藍之初
性別 保密
UID 54914

精華 0
帖子 111
積分 100   詳情

閱讀權限 30
註冊 2017-8-18
來自
狀態 離線

發表於 2017-9-15 05:36 PM  資料  個人空間  短訊  加為好友 
How do I get this PC on my LAN?

Hello,

I have a 50ft Ethernet cord running through the wall outlets into my room, powering my DD-WRT router's WAN port to create an unrestricted, full speed PPPoE connection of its own. This router is used for all Wi-Fi devices and nearby Ethernet devices, essentially acting as a primary Gateway router.

However, I have a desktop computer located in the living room where the ISP router is, and the only way it can get an internet connection is by hooking it up to the ISP router via Ethernet, also establishing PPPoE. As you can imagine, this creates various problems. I'd like to avoid having to buy a Wi-Fi card for it, as the wireless connection gets heavily degraded in that particular room.

What adjustments must be done to both routers that would allow me to somehow have this desktop computer hop over from the ISP router to my DD-WRT one? Perhaps I should look into LAN-to-LAN?

The firmware of my ISP router is highly limited, meaning that I have little options to do things such as create static routes on it.

I'm already anticipating that I'll have to reclarify my issue many times as/if this thread moves forward. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and maybe even replying with your two cents.
Thank You

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References  https://www.cnet.com/forums/disc ... -this-pc-on-my-lan/

Example Animated Demonstration Video

頂部

快速美言

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 2024-3-29 08:32 PM