遊客:  註冊 | 登錄 | 幫助

標題: [求助] [狗狗] 17歲高齡 - 松鼠犬手術之後, 缺少食慾, 並且便秘.
Coolio     Rank: 4Rank: 4
水中藍
性別 保密
UID 43001

精華 0
帖子 5284
積分 1132   詳情

閱讀權限 50
註冊 2007-9-28
來自 planet earth
狀態 離線

發表於 2008-11-20 02:50 PM  資料  個人空間  短訊  加為好友 
[狗狗] 17歲高齡 - 松鼠犬手術之後, 缺少食慾, 並且便秘.

帖子標題 17歲高齡 - 松鼠犬手術之後, 缺少食慾, 並且便秘.
寵物分類 狗狗

My brother's 17 year old pomeranian had a "bladder stones removal" surgery two weeks ago. (the bladder stones were stopping him from urination for days, he also has a kidney stone inside but too risky to have it removed at his age) He seems to recover okay with signs such as he walks more and drinks water on it's own lately...

Our pom is currently experiencing a constipation problem with only a few bowel movements since the surgery and he lacks much of appetites.

The vet prescribed "Lactulose" 3 ml by mouth twice daily, but that doesn't help much..we needed to take our dog back to the vet, in order to release his solid waste...and he is also on antibotic and 150ml IV liquid dispensed on a daily basis.

We were told our dog is free to eat anything at this point in order to regain strength and his usual weight, and there are times he enjoys eating cooked ground beef, mixed vegetables, steamed chicken and soup and canned dog foods and times he refuses to eat anything at all...

Any advices will be appreciated.

I found this page here at 寵物常識資料館, see if I am able to find the listed items here in the states.

http://www.lipscorner.com/viewth ... =%E4%BE%BF%E7%A7%98

最後編輯: Coolio : 2008-11-21 02:39 AM

Don't follow the crowd: that's the easiest way to get lost.

What does not kill me makes me stronger.
頂部

wendylo1234     Rank: 4Rank: 4
水中藍
性別 保密
UID 44565

精華 0
帖子 187
積分 809   詳情

閱讀權限 50
註冊 2008-1-21
來自 寵物國
狀態 離線

發表於 2008-11-23 04:08 PM  資料  個人空間  短訊  加為好友 
用太担心, 以你形容啲情況, 小狗康復情度尚算正常, 牠沒有胃口吃狗糧, 沒有大便亦可理解, 因體內有傷口,而且每日都吊 IV liquid, 基本所需的營養也應該OK, 但如果可以像獸醫所講,吸引牠多吃些肉類就更好,
如果現在牠只飲水, 防煲豬肝水給牠, 補充鐵質, 到牠可以正常走動時,體力有所虛耗, 應該會有胃口啦!

頂部

Coolio     Rank: 4Rank: 4
水中藍
性別 保密
UID 43001

精華 0
帖子 5284
積分 1132   詳情

閱讀權限 50
註冊 2007-9-28
來自 planet earth
狀態 離線

發表於 2008-11-24 03:47 AM  資料  個人空間  短訊  加為好友 
回復 #2 wendylo1234 的帖子

thx for your input and long time no see, wendylo1234. i will pass on the info to my bro

we've been syringe-feeding our pom with fiber soluble water daily since Sunday and by Friday 3am he began having multiple bowel movements til noon. and had another one on saturady during the day...though his backdroppings were watery, I think he is in much better shape now...even briefly ran back to the house after one of his "business" trip. lol

we've decided to stop his "Lactulose" 3 ml" medication since it wasn't working, and just feed our dog with fiber soluble water once a week to maintain his digestive system or whenever the constipation problem occurs.

as far as his appetite concerns, certainly hope it will pick up, as he becomes more active down the road.

thx much.

最後編輯: Coolio : 2008-11-24 04:10 AM

Don't follow the crowd: that's the easiest way to get lost.

What does not kill me makes me stronger.
頂部

快速美言

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 2024-4-19 06:42 PM