精華 0
帖子 35511
積分 5235   詳情

閱讀權限 150
註冊 2006-3-24
來自 美國滴滴尼
狀態 離線

發表於 2008-10-2 02:20 PM  資料  個人空間  短訊  加為好友 
What exactly does the StuckRects key do?  Just curious.  Thanks.

頂部

1022292057     Rank: 4Rank: 4
水中藍
性別 男
UID 17104

精華 0
帖子 165
積分 798   詳情

閱讀權限 50
註冊 2006-12-9
來自 Canada
狀態 離線

發表於 2008-10-3 12:08 AM  資料  個人空間  主頁 短訊  加為好友 
回復 #12 mickeyGoUp 的帖子

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects or StuckRects2
stores information about the taskbar, there is a binary key, named Settings, inside this folder that stores the general settings for taskbar, such as Show Clock, Auto Hide, Always on Top, etc.

since most of you know programming, I will explain a bit more in depth on how it works.
As you know in programming, when we create external configuration files that contains certain settings that are required for our application to load, if these setting files contains invalid values or corrupted, what will your application do? you will most likely set a condition to trap it and prevent your application from loading.
Same reason, when the settings registry for taskbar is corrupted, taskbar will be prevented from loading.
Windows will regenerate this settings file with default if it doesn't find it in registry when startup, so by deleting the folder may fix the issue if this is really the cause

corrupted taskbar settings is usually the reason behind the disappearance of the taskbar because if u know OS, OS runs in kernel and our interaction with the OS runs in User-level, modification of the taskbar generating code in Windows while taskbar is running in kernel is generally impossible through normal means as they will be protected. therefore, corrupting the actual generating code through user interaction is quite rare or difficult. That's partly the reason why many viruses cause corruptions to registry settings instead of actual windows code. However, more advanced viruses may do some tricky stuff that allows them to corrupt windows code before windows startup in kernel. That's y u always see virus-infected computer not working after reboot and not immediately.

However, there are many other reasons though for the disappearance of the taskbar, for example, taskbar also access quite a few other things other than this setting registry, taskbar windows code in fact did corrupted perhaps by physical means, viruses as I mentioned above, graphical problem, etc.
There are too many reasons but the orginator offered too little informations, so I didn't reply with any solutions. But, in general since she said other accounts work, recreating profile will most likely work, but personally, I would never do that, I hate it when I lost my settings, you may try the regedit first
there are better ways to solve this, but too little information to say anything.

頂部

xfuture     Rank: 3
青出藍
性別 保密
UID 36

精華 0
帖子 73
積分 160   詳情

閱讀權限 40
註冊 2006-6-23
來自
狀態 離線