LIPS Corner 新天藍 » 寫飲寫食 - Delicious Words » [飲食討論] [其他] Food In Toronto

2007-10-4 03:27 AM okok
[飲食討論] [其他] Food In Toronto

Generally speaking, there is NO GOOD FOOD in ***TORONTO*** in comparison with other places. I don't know why people would say things like "there are many other great choices" or such.

Also, prices in Canada are supposed to be 'low' due to our resources. We don't 'earn' much (since 1/2 goes to the government) so prices are supposed to be kept low, so 20 for the cost of lunch is NOT cheap.

There's nothing we can do but to accept the fact that we're (still) in Toronto, so we hv to stick with this crap. Other than that, I don't even want to promote Toronto Asian food to anyone.

2007-10-4 05:33 AM mickeyGoUp
Haha.. I think it really depends on where those people are from.  If you have lived in a place where the menus of most restaurants are the same (Chinese food for Americans), every week when a group of friends get together and talk for an hour about where to go eat, but ended up going to the same place that they went the previous week, then you will know how difference Toronto is.  Of course there are always better places.  A lot of people said Vancouver have better Chinese food.

So in your opinion, where in Canada would you recommend Asian food to visitors?  :)

2007-10-6 04:49 AM ah_cho
I think Mickey is talking about me!!!!!!!  Stupid Edmonton, there is totally nothing to eat.  I went to the same resturant 5 times a week, see!
That's y either toronto or vancouver is the paraside of food for us.
$20 for a lunch?  It is cheap to us considering we are paying almost $30 for a hong kong style lunch, maybe a dish of fry rice plus a drink for two.
If you really don't like the price and food in toronto, you should come here and experience what is the worst of the worst.

2007-11-1 01:44 AM okok
Oh I've been to edmonton, I know how bad it is.
But at the same time, I know how much better the economy in Edmonton is compared to Toronto. So it's not a good thing in certain aspects: the Chinese restaurants monopolizes and don't need to care about quality and service

yeah I think I did say Toronto.

In fact, menus here in Toronto are pretty much generalized as well, and overpriced. But I guess a lot of people here are just rich and never cared about money.

Not to mention that now our currency rate is so high, the prices didn't drop at ALL.

Vancouver should be the best place amongst all the provinces that are Chinese based.

Also Vancouver has soft water, which doesn't damage us internally as bad as water here in Toronto.

SUCKS here. BTW, ah_cho were u the one who posted about Jap tour? If so then you should know what I'm talking about~

2007-11-11 04:10 AM zebra
前年返深圳点心五毛人民幣 Can $0.1

屠龙都最平要 $1.3 (雅瓊)

果度温銀果度使

唔理得咁多嚕

至於好唔好食

就見人見智了

:D :D :D

:D :D :D :D

2007-11-22 10:09 AM pwonglam1234
回復 #1 okok 的帖子

Just to be fair, I really think that food in Toronto is not as bad as you said and the price is quite reasonable as compared to other big cities such as London and Paris. As the city is so multi-cultural, even though there is no world renown restuarants, there are still some good restaurants that serve different ethnic food. I really consider myself lucky for living in Toronto.

2007-11-27 06:07 AM okok
回復 #6 pwonglam1234 的帖子

Perhaps I am picky for food. You may be right about the food part.
But I guess what else is more important than what you eat?

I'm pinpointing about Chinese food basically. I don't know about cultural restaurants.

I don't consider myself too lucking living in Toronto. Although I admit that there are goods here, I couldn't neglect the bads.

頁: [1]