2007-9-15 06:53 AM ultraegg
NAS 介紹

現時開始流行的NAS - network attach storage, 有很多不同的牌子, 跟本的功能亦大同小異, 但有否支援 BT 下載? 大家可否分享一下那個牌子較好用!

2007-9-15 08:44 AM mickeyGoUp
我岩岩都同 d 有用開 NAS 既朋友傾緊呢樣產品!  簡單介紹一下﹐NAS 除左係一個 external hard drive 外﹐佢仲內置有一個 operating system (通常係 Linux)﹐最開始時係附帶有一 d 資料處藏管理軟件﹐亦由於 NAS 可以連接 network﹐所以就可以將個 NAS 駁上 internet﹐只要您知道個 IP address﹐就可以響任何地方 remote connect 去您個 NAS 提取檔案勒 (無需開主您部主機)。 到左近期﹐NAS 甚至乎會裝有 BT client﹐對於日夜 BT 既網友﹐就最方便不過勒!

我唔重復打我朋友既評語勒﹐索性 quote 出黎。

[quote]
Consider that the NAS (Network Attached Storage) device has a BT client, apache, php, mysql, ftp server, PnP, photo gallery in a black box. And of course, it is running a linux kernel.

Since it is running linux, there are quite a lot of mod available. For example, you can install telnet, ssh, media center, and etc.. But it will slow down the box if it is heavy loaded.

In other words, you do not need to leave your PC on for hosting a website or ftp site. It is very useful especially in HK. That's why I can leave my linux box off with NAS running in order to maintain my study room temp.
[/quote]

[quote]
I'm currently using one at home. The one I am using is synology ds207

In terms of features, all brands have almost the identical features including the BT features. As user needs more storage these days (to store dvd, games, mp3, pictures, and etc..), I think it is quite useful.
[/quote]

[quote]
I've used the QNAP 2 Bay one previous. It doesn't have the kind of features Synology offer so for personal computing use, I think Synology is better for sure.
[/quote]

[quote]The 1 Bay model has the same features as the 2 Bay model so it will be just fine for your need. If you need really large storage space, it would be better to get the 2 Bay model. EG. For the 1 Bay model, the size of the storage is determined by the size of the single disk. For the 2 Bay model, the max size of the storage is determined by the total size of the 2 disk inside the box. See the main difference?

Based on my experience, I need to store lots of pictures, DVD movies, games iso, and mp3. After adding up all these, it takes up about 400G easily. That's why I am using the 2 Bay one. [/quote]

另一個朋友:
[quote]
I just bought the synology 107E and 500G HD(the 2 Bay need to order for 2 week though).

It is Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plug and Play.

I haven't BT for a while, now I am back to Non Stop BT old days!

The software program is very user friendly. Thanks for you advice on picking the Right brand of server.[/quote]

[url]http://www.synology.com/enu/products/DS207/index.php[/url]

[url]http://www.synology.com/enu/buy/NorthAmerica.php[/url]

希望 d 資料對您有幫助啦!  :)

2007-9-19 03:08 AM ultraegg
其實我都sreach過好幾個流行及大路的牌子, 例如: dlink, linksys, buffalo, netgear, WD, Seagate等, 似乎要有bt download support 只得synology呢個牌子, 唔知有無其他人可以再介紹一下呢? 或者分享一下你對呢類NAS的心德/用後感?

頁: [1]
查看完整版本: NAS 介紹