2007-3-6 01:29 PM 薰衣草
Card reader

i don't know if a card reader counts as a hard drive..
but i have questions as following:

i bought a new flash drive and brought it to work today.. and it was named as D drive..
and i need to use my card reader and plugged in ... it got 4 drives in it..
but at the time i connected the flash drive to the computer, the card reader could only show 3 of them...
i tried to unplugged the flash drive and restart the computer..
but the 4th drive would never comes out again..
why is it happening..
and what i can do...?

2007-3-6 09:26 PM mickeyGoUp
Card reader is considered a removable storage drive.

Are you sure the forth drive is working?  Have you tried it on other computers?

And try to place a memory card in the forth drive and see if the forth drive got recgonized.

Hope that helps. :)

2007-3-7 08:42 AM 薰衣草
[quote]原帖由 [i]mickeyGoUp[/i] 於 2007-3-6 09:26 PM 發表
Card reader is considered a removable storage drive.

Are you sure the forth drive is working?  Have you tried it on other computers?

And try to place a memory card in the forth drive and see  ... [/quote]
actually it works the day b4 i bought and used the flash drive...
i just want to transfer files from my MS card to the flash drive.. so i tried to keep both of them plugin to the laptop

2007-3-7 09:54 AM mickeyGoUp
It must be something to do with how Windows assigns drive letters to USB device.  I would like to learn more about that too.  Why don't you turn your thread into a X-Seek thread and see if others will provide more info?

2007-3-7 11:51 AM ultraegg
芬姨, 妳個情況係driver letter出錯!

理論上, 所有usb device都由windows自行assign driver letter, 但妳都知microsoft的產品有幾咁"好", 所以傻o左都唔奇.

妳可以試先connect flash drive, 行得走得後先裝card reader. 如果真係唔得, 只好自行assign driver letter.
1. control panel 內的 system admin tools
2. system management -> disk management

right click flash drive就可以改driver letter啦!

2007-3-7 01:07 PM spoon_sir
If you cannot see all 4 drives, may be one of the slot get burn out.  Before you unplug the flash drive and card reader, did you use "safely remove hardware"?

2007-3-7 02:02 PM 薰衣草
[quote]原帖由 [i]spoon_sir[/i] 於 2007-3-7 01:07 PM 發表
If you cannot see all 4 drives, may be one of the slot get burn out.  Before you unplug the flash drive and card reader, did you use "safely remove hardware"? [/quote]
but the card reader can still detect that i've input the MS card into the slot.. just that it's not showing in "my computer"
and yes as well.. i always uses safely remove hardware

2007-3-7 02:13 PM 薰衣草
[quote]原帖由 [i]ultraegg[/i] 於 2007-3-7 11:51 AM 發表
芬姨, 妳個情況係driver letter出錯!

理論上, 所有usb device都由windows自行assign driver letter, 但妳都知microsoft的產品有幾咁"好", 所以傻o左都唔奇.

妳可以試先connect flash drive, 行得 ... [/quote]
may be the sercurity problem.. and i couldnt change the name of the flash drive... and actually i tried that yesterday.. i plugged the flash drive first.. then the card reader..
the 4th drive didnt come out..
and i tried to unplug all.. and only plugin the card reader..
the 4th drive still didnt come out..

2007-3-7 02:23 PM 薰衣草
ultraegg :
只係用其中一樣就無事? 妳用公司部laptop? login 公司network時用flash drive同card reader? 除o左c: 外, 重有其他driver letter??

no ar... the 4th drive disappeared... just that when you put the MS card in the slot.. the light of that slot in the card reader lights up.. but it doesnt show up in my computer...
yea.. there are other drives..

2007-3-7 10:16 PM ultraegg
[quote]原帖由 [i]薰衣草[/i] 於 2007-3-7 01:23 發表
ultraegg :
只係用其中一樣就無事? 妳用公司部laptop? login 公司network時用flash drive同card reader? 除o左c: 外, 重有其他driver letter??

no ar... the 4th drive disappeared... just that when you p ... [/quote]

妳個情況好大機會係同其他driver letter撞o左! 但妳用緊公司laptop又麻煩少少. 建意妳login local/workstation only(即係唔login 公司個network), 咁會見到晒card reader同flash drive

真係要改driver letter的話, 步驟如下, 但改公司network driver letter可能令妳部laptop其他application有問題, 要小心處理.

2007-3-8 08:52 AM 薰衣草
[quote]原帖由 [i]ultraegg[/i] 於 2007-3-7 10:16 PM 發表

妳個情況好大機會係同其他driver letter撞o左! 但妳用緊公司laptop又麻煩少少. 建意妳login local/workstation only(即係唔login 公司個network), 咁會見到晒card reader同flash drive

真係要改driver l ... [/quote]
er... actually how can i login into with local/workstation only?
coz it's really having the limited access difficulty.. which i'm not allowed to click into the disk management

2007-3-8 01:00 PM spoon_sir
go to device manager, look for disk drivers, under it, you may see one of the device have red "X" on it, right click on it, go to properties, than look at the bottom, click on "use this device(enable)".  
Do you know how to go to device manager?  go to control panel - system - device manager
hope it can fix the problem

2007-3-8 01:15 PM 薰衣草
[quote]原帖由 [i]spoon_sir[/i] 於 2007-3-8 01:00 PM 發表
go to device manager, look for disk drivers, under it, you may see one of the device have red "X" on it, right click on it, go to properties, than look at the bottom, click on "use t ... [/quote]
i dont see icon with red X

2007-3-8 01:38 PM 薰衣草
btw... i accidentally restart the computer with the card reader plugged in.. and end up the 4th drive appeared again...
lol... it's temporary solved.. just dont know it will happen again.. haha

2007-3-8 01:39 PM ultraegg
[quote]原帖由 [i]薰衣草[/i] 於 2007-3-7 19:52 發表
er... actually how can i login into with local/workstation only?
coz it's really having the limited access difficulty.. which i'm not allowed to click into the disk management [/quote]

有難度喎, 間間公司做network都有少少唔同 ............

妳公司係純windows network? 還是novell/windows? 通常login screen最下係"logon to:", 妳選"xxxx(this computer)"{xxxx->computer name}, 就login local workstation, 但如果妳比人limit user right的話, 咁就幫唔到妳啦! 唔可以教妳做非法的事o麻!:P

2007-3-8 01:48 PM 薰衣草
[quote]原帖由 [i]ultraegg[/i] 於 2007-3-8 01:39 PM 發表

有難度喎, 間間公司做network都有少少唔同 ............

妳公司係純windows network? 還是novell/windows? 通常login screen最下係"logon to:", 妳選"xxxx(this computer)"{xxxx-&g ... [/quote]
btw.. it's solved~~ lol:P
but thx a lot ar!!:pn03:

2007-3-8 08:46 PM mickeyGoUp
[quote]原帖由 [i]薰衣草[/i] 於 2007-3-8 12:48 AM 發表

btw.. it's solved~~ lol:P
but thx a lot ar!!:pn03: [/quote]

咁神奇?????  點 solved 架???

頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Card reader